Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello World!











Riding my bike to and from work, 5 days a week, leads to interesting situations.  Some are scary, some are plain weird and the others “might” be my own fault (for better or worse).  I intend to video record my rides everyday and and post them.  If I am lucky, I can link my experience with a message to the Baltimore City government, and it just might catch the eye of a city official who can do something about it.  If not, the least I can hope for are active comment-discussions on each post from readers.  

Also, I am kind of a tech-nerd.  I am definitely not as skilled or knowledgeable as your office IT guy, but sometimes I can get close.  This blog is also a hobby of mine because I love technology.


For the video part of this blog, I will only upload the interesting parts so you won’t have to sit through an entire video of just a normal bike ride.  If there isn’t anything interesting on the videos for the day, I will sum up my rides and link to and/or comment on, cycling-related news in Baltimore City.


Each post will reflect both, my morning and afternoon ride.  If I get into a good rhythm with this, I will be posting once a day some time after 5pm (Baltimore time).  


I have moderate experience with video editing software so bare with me as I learn-then-apply when watching my videos.


Below are the maps of my bike route to and from work.
Route From Hampden to Work

View Commute to work in a larger map


Route From Work to Hampden

View Ride to Hampden in a larger map

(update: don't know why there's a huge space between title of post and pic)

1 comment:

Keep it clean!